COVID-19 Update for our customers
18 March 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update for our customers
The safety and well-being of our customers, team members and suppliers is Kitchen Mania’s number one priority. We’d like to let our customers know what we’re doing to reduce the risk of our team and our community becoming unwell.
Our immediate focus is preparedness, prevention and care. As a result we have decided to put in place a number of measures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 to any of our customers, team and suppliers.
LEVEL 1 & 2
At level 1 & 2 our showrooms, office and factory will be open and working. We will be taking extra precautions to reduce the risk of our team and our community becoming unwell.
Business as usual with care taken to wash hands and use hand sanitiser etc.
Good hygiene in our showrooms and workplace:
- We’ve always had thorough cleaning and hygiene practices across our sites. In response to growing concerns around COVID-19 we’re putting in even more cleaning and sanitising for each of our sites.
- We have hand washing facilities in all of our sites and we’ll be providing hand sanitiser for our team and customers to use in each of our showrooms and vehicles.
- We’re encouraging regular and thorough hand washing protocols at all of our sites. All of our bathrooms will be stocked up with soap, paper towels and rubbish bins and will be regularly cleaned and sanitized.
- Each member of our team who has meetings offsite will be supplied with a bottle of hand sanitiser.
- We ask that any customers who are displaying flu like symptoms OR anyone who has traveled internationally OR has knowingly been in contact with someone who has traveled internationally over the previous fourteen days refrains from entering and instead calls our office on 09 588 4045. We would love to help you over the phone until you are able to visit us on site.
- We will display a sign at the entrance of each showroom to this effect.
We have put in place a number of measures to ensure our team and our community of customers and suppliers is kept safe and healthy when we’re visiting our customer’s properties.
- Checks will be made by our team to ensure that there will not be anyone on site who is in self isolation or displaying flu like symptoms OR has traveled internationally, or knowingly been in contact with anyone who has traveled internationally in the last fourteen days.
- These checks will be made over the phone by our administration team or our sales consultants. Please do not be offended by our checks, we want to keep everyone, including yourselves safe and healthy – this is our number one priority.
- If our team members find themselves on site and someone appears to have flu-like symptoms, we will politely end the appointment immediately and reschedule over the phone. If anyone has any questions or concerns about this we ask that they call our General Manager Greg Arnold to discuss.
Work travel restrictions:
- There will be no international travel for work purposes until further notice.
- We will limit any non essential domestic travel for work.
Conferences and large gathering restrictions:
- No conferences or seminars to take place until further notice.
- No large (>25 people) gatherings with people coming in from various different areas.
At level 3 we will be taking all of the precautions above and additionally:
- Showrooms and office will be closed and our team will be working remotely from home.
- Our design consultants can still help you design your dream kitchen! We've got the capability to design kitchens using our 3D software and we'll send views of your kitchen via email. Click here for more information about this process.
- Our factory and installation teams will still be working. They will follow the level 2 precautions as well as appropriate social distancing precautions. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Greg Arnold for more information.
At level 4 Kitchen Mania showrooms and office will be closed and Manufacturing and Installation will be put on hold until level 3 or below is announced.
Supporting our team:
We’re a business with an amazing team of people who come into contact with the community every day. We have a responsibility to help keep people safe. Across our business we’re following the government's requirements around self-isolation for any of our team members who are returning to NZ from overseas travel. We will also support any member of our team with leave if they are impacted by self-isolation requirements.
We will continually update this document as new recommendations come into play.